30 June 2017

~June Art Bead Scene Challenge

I did it again. Because it's fun. And because I can.
Because I'm working from home this summer. Because I have more time.

I love the interactions and inspiration. The camaraderie that is felt during these challenges from Art Bead Scene Blog and the June challenge was so thoughtful! You can find it here.

I went ahead and created a few enameled pieces by torch firing recycled copper bits in hues that I felt complimented the art. I used skunk berry leaves (a type of sumac) to make the impressions. Then added a few poly beads by shipwreckdandy to the wrapped stems.


Fun. Fun. Fun. Here's the art work. Just lovely. Read all about it in the link above. xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Love your earrings, even more so knowing that you created that enameled components! Thanks for joining in the fun with us! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful earrings! I also took an enameling class a couple of years ago: I agree, it's a lot of fun to make your own enameled components.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pastel enamel is very interesting. I did not know that you can make impressions while enamelling like that. But then I have only taken one class in enamelling and not practiced since then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I lay a pressed and dried leaf over the base enamel then shake on another color. When I remove the leaf, the surrounding enamel sits higher than the base enamel so when fired, it appears as an impression. I wrote about the process a few posts back if you're interested! xo

      Delete
  4. Very pretty little earrings you made. I like the way you got the leaf shape. Ingenuity in action
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome piece! I can't enamel...have a fear of getting burnt...so I do admire those who do work with fire and extreme heat. I love the way the leaves look on the green background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love doing these leaf impressions. So much fun!

      Delete
  6. Awesome earrings! Spot on for this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your enameled components are awesome... I love what you did with the leaf impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them! They are so unique the way you used leaves!

    ReplyDelete

how delightful that you came to visit. i love your kind comments of all shapes and sizes. thank you very much indeed! darlene