15 June 2017

~New Decals

I found some time, as I awaited a needed document for my dossier, to return to torch enameling decals onto my recycled copper.
I had given up on the decals as over the winter the enameling was popping off when I slowly returned to the second firing of the piece. I was so upset and discouraged that I stopped trying.
But then, I realized it was thermal shock as my torching area is in an enclosed back porch with no heat, so even though the sun would warm it up some, it was just too cold despite the space heater.
Now that we have 90 degree heat, I decided to give it another go.
Woot! Success.
So I will be doing the decal dance again and selling them through my enameling shop. You can also find some finished pieces here as well.
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

how delightful that you came to visit. i love your kind comments of all shapes and sizes. thank you very much indeed! darlene