09 July 2017

We're All Ears :: July Inspiration :: Visual Music :: My Take

I have been participating in many a fun challenge this summer. It's a great distraction from the Dossier process and gives me that mental health break that I need. 
This month, over at Earrings Everyday the July inspiration is visual music. 
See the original post here. What fun!

I was so inspired, and found the following video to be my springboard::

I started with some recycled copper that I counter enameled::


Then I moved onto making stencils from screen shots of the video::
I then laid on the enamels and torched them up!
Back in my clean space, I gussied them up with some marker strokes that were present in the visuals then gave them some super long hand-formed copper earwires to match the scheme::

In the end, I added some gold leaf and viola! My inspirations::

 But then, in true Darlene fashion,I removed the black lines and like them so much better!

Have a wonderful day all! xoxo

7 comments:

  1. WOWZA! That is phenomenal! I have never seen this visual music presentation, so abstract and bizarrely beautiful! I love, love, LOVE that you made your own decals based on the visuals. I am truly blown away! Thanks for playing with me in this really unique challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stenciling the pattern is such a great idea. I tried a direct interpretation too this time but guess I swished it around at the last moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to try painting with liquid enamels, but they weren't working. So stencils became the theme!

      Delete
  3. I admire your work with enameling. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting visual representation and earrings interpretation of it that you put together. The final earrings are nice though I did like the black additions on the left earring of the pair. Something to play with again I suspect
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

how delightful that you came to visit. i love your kind comments of all shapes and sizes. thank you very much indeed! darlene